Thursday, January 26, 2012

Spinach Tub

Here are the photos of the spinach tub, planted; along with the spider that ran out from behind the basket of rocks that I used for drainage.  He is still there. I will capture him and remove him to the outdoors if Spot doesn't get him first.
I am not sure what I will do once the spinach germinates.  Spot is pretty sure I fixed him up a grand new potty.  He actually farted in anticipation as I was planting it.  Fortunately, until it germs, it is covered.  After that, I will have to enclose it or move it or something.
 Somehow this spider looks scarier in the photo.

 Soil in the plastic tub, rocks in the bottom for drainage.

Planted and waiting to germinate.

6 comments:

Emy said...

Love this! I am going to be picking your brain and searching your blog when Aaron retires. There is so much I want to do in our final home! You are my inspiration Christine :-)

Christine said...

Thanks Emy! I used this method of growing spinach when we lived in Cheyenne and it worked great. With good fresh greens being hard to find this time of year Mom decided she needed to do something:)

Amin said...

Hello! How are You? Have a wonderful days with Your family!

Amin said...

Hello! Thank You very much for information about Cochin chickens!
I looked at them in this link.........http://www.google.ru/search?q=Cochin+chickens&hl=ru&newwindow=1&prmd=imvns&source=lnms&tbm=isch&ei=z7UrT8uFNYrHtAaRg6mcDQ&sa=X&oi=mode_link&ct=mode&cd=2&ved=0CBIQ_AUoAQ&biw=1277&bih=685


I did not know...Thanks! They are very interesting...

Amin said...

http://www.google.ru/search?q=Cochin+chickens&hl=ru&newwindow=1&prmd=imvns&source=lnms&tbm=isch&ei=z7UrT8uFNYrHtAaRg6mcDQ&sa=X&oi=mode_link&ct=mode&cd=2&ved=0CBIQ_AUoAQ&biw=1277&bih=685

Tracy said...

Well, a month later, how's the spinach doing?